Monday, February 20, 2012

Awwww heck...

Of course, nothing in life is easy enough to be roses and smiley faces all the time, right?

Well, those darn kidney infections are back - with a vengeance. I honestly don't understand it - I have never even had so much as a yeast infection in all of my thirty-some years. Nothing - no problems down there. Then I get pregnant and it's UTI's and kidney infections out the wazoo. Blech. I am so done with these things.

It all started about three weeks ago. On Monday, Jan 30, I realized that the way I had been feeling for a few days had all culminated in something that felt far too familiar: kidney infection. It was all there: the pain in the back, nausea, frequency urinating - you name it. Went to the prompt care and found out - yup. That was the problem. They put me on a seven day regimen of antibiotics and told me to follow up with them or my primary care doctor if it continued.

Well, let's fast-forward to Monday, Feb 6 (one week later). Antibiotics done. Pain remains. All other symptoms remain. Call urologist (because, let's face it - my Ob-Gyn has done enough and since she referred me once before, I had to assume this was the logical next step). Told that there was an appointment open in ten days. Schedule said appointment and head back to prompt care. Doc takes a look and says urine is clean, but he'll culture it and sends me home with more antibiotics.

Call in two days - bacteria growing culture. Another (or same) infection. Keep taking antibiotics.

Show up, finally, for urologist appt. Blood in urine = CT scan the next day. Oh boy - the fun never ends. So that was how I spent last Friday. Went in today for results. The CT scan showed nothing bad - no tumors, no stones, no nothing. Urine culture grew nothing. So now we come to the question: what's the problem?

Turns out, we will have to find out by inserting a camera into my bladder this Friday...yeah, as in like a couple days from now. Thankfully, I had the option to choose sedation (I was given the choice of local or sedation - Dr. suggested sedation because he would be able to remove problems if found, rather than waiting and rescheduling).

So, that is what I will be up to on Friday. I know you are incredibly jealous and wish you could have just as fun an experience. All hope that this crap would end with pregnancy just went WAY out the window.

Honestly wish they could have just removed it all during the C-section. Take it all. With the tubal ligation, it's no good anyway (and yes, I know that it wouldn't stop these stupid infections, but I just had a royally obnoxious period and I'm so done with all that internal plumbing).

Roses and sunshine still abound, but I'm just "pissed" at this point (pun intended).

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie I am sorry! I hope that you get some answers and some relief soon. What a bummer. Oh and just in time to go back to work, right?

    I am thinking of you!

    Oh, and that pun made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dea :)

    It'll all get figured out. I'm just royally sick of doctors at this point. If I never see another one, it'll be too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of sticking cameras in parts of your body that people shouldn't look at. I'm glad that you get to be sedated because the worse part of all my sinus/nose stuff last year was the doctor sticking cameras through my nose and way up into my face, without any type of numbing. (If they don't use that as a way to torture people, they totally should. I wanted to share a lot of really choice swear words with my doctor every time he did that.)

    I do hope that they figure out what is going on and that they can take care of it. : (

    ReplyDelete