Overall, things have been going very well today and I'm very happy. That's good. I was nervous about it, but there really wasn't anything to worry about.
I did have to get up earlier than I normally would to get to work (and certainly it's been a change from the bed rest/newborn sleep schedule!). It was a tag team kind of morning - Brian was in charge of himself and Katie and I had myself and Hope. I had to be out the door by 6:30, and Brian didn't have to leave with the girls until closer to 7:30, so hopefully everyone was good for him :) It's Hope's first day at daycare - we go to an in-home daycare and right now Katie and Hope are the only two there. That's really nice. In addition, she gets together with another daycare provider who has about eight kids on some days - so Katie often has playmates, but when she's sick or there are other things going on, it's just the two of them. Debbie has always been a phenomenal day care provider for us - she never has a problem with us coming early or late or missing or adding days - she is so flexible. And it's almost impossible to find someone who will let us take the kids for the summer; that is income she loses so I can spend time with my kids. I can't tell you how wonderful this woman is; all those times I was in the ER or had other problems, she would keep Katie, feed her dinner, and even give her a bath and put her to bed if need be. She never charged extra or complained. And - in the three and a half years we have been going to her she has only taken 2 sick days (and she apologized profusely!). It's amazing. Of course, it's more expensive now with two of them, so we're only part time this semester. They'll go full time next year when I get my overload pay back :)
That means that on Thursdays, Nana and Papaw will come over from Washington to watch them while I work and then I'll have them when I get home. And since I don't have to come in on Fridays (again, I am REALLY lucky to have this job), I will have both girls then.
In all, it's just felt nice and normal to be here today. I feel at home and like myself and I don't feel anywhere as guilty or sad as I thought I would. I think it might be easier with the second one (and I'm very thankful for that!).
My class today was pretty good - I only had 6 students at 8 in the morning. Since it's a twelve week class, we meet for an hour and forty minutes and it was awesome. It was enough time to actually get a few things done without rushing and to get to know my students. Tomorrow I have another reading class of that length with 17 students. It should be fun. They were all very talkative and nice - I think it will be fun.
So thanks for the good thoughts :) It's been a good day.
I've been wondering/worrying about you today. I'm glad that it was good. Hopefully it will keep being this way.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have an ideal arrangement: a job you enjoy that leaves you time with your girls and a great child care setup. Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI really am very very very very (there really aren't enough "very's") lucky. I'm so thankful that I have this arrangement.
ReplyDelete