I've heard that time is a beautiful and terrible thing - perhaps described as a dance. Don't get me wrong - as beautiful and horrible as that thought is, I'm pretty sure I got it from The Muppets Christmas Carol. But then again, what haven't we learned from the muppets? By the way, I'm including my favorite of all time Muppet Show clip here and if it doesn't tug at your heart just a bit, you may have no soul. I'd check with a doctor ;)
Time in a Bottle
I remember seeing it when I was very little. My dad is a HUGE Jim Croce fan (and often talks about how he was a radio DJ in college who got to interview him. In fact, Jim almost used my dad's guitar in a concert because his was lost in transit - but it showed up. Mom and Dad were big Croce, Moody Blues, Kingston Trio, and John Denver fans...if that gives you a glimpse into my amazing love of wuss rock ;)
But anyway, I can't help but think that time is a wonderful and horrible thing all at the same time. Every single moment with Katie and Hope is beyond my wildest dreams amazing. My daughters are my world and I love watching every single thing they do. And while time is amazing in that they grow older and learn new things, you also want to capture and keep all the moments you're having right now.
Thankfully, we live in a digital age where I almost do. I have more videos of my daughters than my parents could have ever dreamed of. And I'm thankful for all of them.
Katie went to spend the weekend with her Nana and Papaw - they took her to see the Fresh Beat Band. She'll be home any time and I'm very excited to hear about it - apparently she gave a high five to "Twist" - whoever that is. How can I be in this stage and not understand it? :) Hope is smiling and cooing every day and it's so amazing. I love it. I don't remember Katie doing much smiling or cooing, so I'm trying to record this just in case I feel this way later.
Both girls are doing well. We've fought sinus infections, ear infections, pneumonia, and all kinds of other sicknesses, but we're still doing well. I can't say much more than life is beautiful :)
I've never seen that Muppets video--it is awesome. (Also, so is John Denver.)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Wuss Rock!
ReplyDeleteI love Jim Croce!
pneumonia??
Enjoy each moment as best you can!
Both girls had it in December...it was less than fun ;) But we've made it through and are on to ear infections.
ReplyDeleteSomehow, it doesn't suck as bad this time. It's just life.