Many people have asked for more pictures, and when I am slow in returning that request or posting new pictures, I often get the standard remark of "second child syndrome." You may not know it by name, but I'm sure you've heard of it: parents take scores of pictures and videos with child number one and then by the time the second child roles around, they don't.
Some say this happens because with child #2 you are just too busy. You are now taking care of two children and have far less time to grab the camera or to think about pictures.
Some say this happens because it's not as thrilling as it was the first time around. You've seen all of this before, and while it's still a miracle, it doesn't enthrall you as it once did.
I am going to say, for once and for all, that I believe this is completely untrue and a total myth.
The second child doesn't have as many pictures or as many videos as the first child for the simple reason that you have learned how very very fast the time passes and how quickly your child will grow; therefore, you spend as much time as possible simply watching and enjoying every single moment. In short - with the second child, you live the moments more than document them. In no way is anything that second child does any less exciting or miraculous or amazing - but it is an opportunity to experience life in a way you may not have the first time around.
And that, my friends, is all I have to say on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment