This made me chuckle, so I thought I'd share. I just realized that I've had almost the exact same conversation with two different friends, but since one of the friends has children and the other does not, the conversation was entirely different.
Instance #1: Imagine yourself in one of the circles of hell, otherwise known as Monkey Joe's in Peoria. It's a place to let your kids run wild and insane jumping on inflatable contraptions. There's always too few workers, too many unsupervised children, and really disgusting bathrooms. But - especially in the winter - it's a godsend for those of us looking to run the kids ragged.
Friend: We should have one of these in Bloomington.
Me: I know. That would be so much nicer than having to drive all the way over here.
Friend: You know, think about the old K's Merchandise building. That would be an awesome space for it.
Instance #2: Walking around the lake chatting about random things that pop into our heads while trying not to strangle my four-year old daughter who is being a royal pain in the wazoo. My friend with furry children and I start talking food.
Me: I really wish we had a Trader Joe's...or even a Whole Foods. I mean, we're certainly yuppie enough to support them.
Friend: That would be so nice. You know, the old K's Merchandise building would be a perfect space.
So - if you're interested in franchising a business, I have options for you :) I had to laugh when I realized I'd just had the same conversation about the same space, but for two completely different reasons. Sometimes, I feel as though I live in parallel worlds :)
We keep saying the old Shopko building here in EP should be a great yuppie store like Whole Foods or Trader Joes...
ReplyDelete