Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Bit Frustrated

In the big picture - absolutely everything is wonderful.  But I'm a bit frustrated and this is my venting place.

I have done an EXCELLENT job of becoming more active and working on what I eat...but summer has been harder.  Being home with the kids all day, I'm not on the regimented schedule I was with work.  I find myself eating my stress and feelings.  And while I'm trying to make better choices as I eat my feelings, it's still not the best situation.

In good news, I'm down to an XL or even L on tops (I had a BALL shopping for comfy clothes at Old Navy and being able to buy XL - which were big and roomy!).  I bought L bottoms and XL bottoms and mostly 16's - again, still a really good step from being at a 22 not all that long ago.

My weight is a bit frustrating.  I finally mustered up the courage to check ye olde scale yesterday and found myself at 213.5.  If you'll remember, I was at 214 when we last spoke weeks ago.

I know it's just a number.  I know that I'm jogging now and doing more step aerobics and boxing (on my Wii) and I'm now biking with the girls in the trailer.  I know I'm on the right track.

BUT

It sucks to see a half pound loss in weeks and weeks.

Not that I'm giving up.  I'm on the right track and, believe it or not, I actually AM big boned.  I know that most people say that is a myth, but I've had not one, but seven doctors say that to me (in general conversation - I've never asked).  Apparently, thanks to my stocky German heritage, awesome calcium intake, and inability to break bones (never broken anything on accident - only broken bones were intentional during surgery) means that I have huge and dense bones.  A good thing overall.

But I still wish the scale was nicer to me.

3 comments:

  1. It is frustrating. I have so been there. Keep up the hard work. It will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are having a frustrating time! A half pound is not bad at all per week though. Slow & Steady is healthier than losing too much at once & then gaining it all back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every body is different. I have been there and I understand. I averaged a loss of one pound a month, which is really slow, but that's the only way my body would lose. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete