Monday, June 4, 2012

Parent Win!!!

Do you know those times when you speak to someone else who has kids (or even those who don't) and say, "Parent Fail"?  You know what I'm talking about...

When the couple ignores their screaming child in the nice restaurant.

When a small child wants to touch your baby and the parent isn't paying attention or caring.

When a child sits down at your table at Chuck E. Cheese and expects to be fed because "Mommy said we could only watch the games" (yup - this weekend).

There are the lesser ones, of course, that we call upon ourselves (because, clearly we would never ever commit a major parent fail, right? :)

When you see the pre-3 teacher opening Christmas gifts that include monogrammed Thirty-One bags or Monograms made of crayons. 

Parent Fail.

When your child shows up with a stained face to an event where pictures are taken.

Parent Fail.

When you forget to put down the bar on the child carrier (or, as Janelle callled it, the "bar of death") as recommended when you drive.

Parent Fail.

Putting your child in the cart in the basket part because the little one is in the only space approved for children.

Parent Fail.

In other words, Parent Fail is way easy.  You can do it dozens of times in a day and not blink.

However, I call today, Parent Win.

Neither child slept much last night.  I'd say six hours max.  They were up at 5 and raring to go.

I had fun activities for each (reading and playing with Hope, painting, cutting, tracing for Katie).  I didn't lose my temper and I didn't lose my mind.  Even when they didn't nap.

PARENT WIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment