Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not gonna lie...

I hate to always be rainbows and unicorns.  Some days it's really hard and it's really stressful.  I think positive is wonderful, but I feel a major obligation to also be REAL.

I will say that there is a major pro and a con to this week.

The con is that I'm trying to work with three writing classes that all started this week.  Unfortunately, with an 8 week course, there is no way to stagger assignments.  In other words, when one proposal comes in, they all do.  When one draft comes in, so do 75 others.  Ditto with final papers.  That's a lot of work.

The pro, and I honestly hate to say this, is that Katie is on vacation with her Nana and Papaw until tomorrow at 5:00 (when she has to take her swim test).  I forgot how lovely and boring it was to have only one child to watch...one beautiful, malleable child that will do whatever you want (and if you think I'm lying - go for two and see what you think is easier :)

I miss Katie...but it's getting very hard to do work and watch the girls.  The problem is that, at my school, everything you make in the summer is "extra" - and boy do we need extra.  However...well...I'm trying to be diplomatic....Daddy isn't so great at the "watching the girls on his own thing."

Case in point: I had a meeting online with a student last night at 8:30pm via Skype.  Ten minutes in, Hope is screaming bloody murder.  That screaming does not stop until an hour later...primarily because she was left in her swing to "cry it out."  Partly because she does get pissy at night (it's partly her fault).

Brian wants me to take these classes and earn extra money, but my work hours are not 8-4.  I need time outside of that to grade or respond or chat.  And as much as he "says" he's ok with that, his actions never play out the same way.

So, I guess that's a long way of saying, I'm frustrated with my husband.  This happens...I know.  I'm hoping that tonight, Hope will go to our favorite sitter (Angie), and we can start trying to work it out.  Brian is excellent at saying what will happen (go upstairs or out to work - do whatever you need to get your work done)...but having a Skype conversation with a screaming child in the background is pretty impossible.

We'll figure it out.

I wish I was on vacation...like Katie :)

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need anything I can help with.
    Even if it is talking while walking to grab a coffee @ Breve...
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million Dea :)

    It's all good - a friend took them for the night so we could go out and have some couple time - I can't tell you the last time we did that :)

    But I will take you up on coffee soon!

    ReplyDelete