While it's been a difficult week, I'm on to a new and hopeful track...
Went to see my doctor and he confirmed that the bipolar has been hitting me hard and fast. Manic followed by complete exhaustion/depression (he noted the circles under my eyes today and my lethargic speech...as well as my increased weight...damn. Why can't I lose weight when depressed?) In any case, we've now decided to consider upping the dose of Seroquel (we'll decide that when I go back in two weeks) to try to calm the mood swings and ups and downs of mania/depression. He wants me to go off the Prozac altogether as he thinks that is causing my manias and making me extra anxious and jittery. Now we're moving on to a small dose of Topomax - to be increased next week. He assumes we'll have to up it a few times, but hopefully this will start to even things out for now. It's a mood stabilizer, so hopefully that will help (never tried one of those before :) Still on the Xanax for "spot" treatments or help as needed.
Hate trying new meds because it's a long process of figuring out which is the right one and the right dose and it's frustrating to start this process again, but I do want to find me again and I know this is the way to do it.
BTW - the massage helped ENORMOUSLY. I cannot say enough for people who are in this line of work - they are God's angels (expensive angels, but totally worth it!).
Again, thank you to all of you who have listened to my hysteria or have sent supportive messages. I'm doing better today and I'm really hoping the medicine change will help me keep things in perspective.
In any case, it's time to get out of this exhausted funk and exercise. I'm going to make the whole family take a nice long walk (good to exhaust Katie and good for Brian's and my health). In other good news, he's taken the news to heart and is cooking in a more heart-friendly and health-friendly manner and actually trying to enjoy it :) Bless his heart.
Hopefully we'll all just come out the other side a bit healthier and happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment