One of my wonderful friends reminded me of this idea last night.
And I can safely say, yes; things do look better in the morning.
I think I was so drained by all that led up to the day and the day itself and the stress of being there for the procedure and hearing everything - well, I think it set my mind into overdrive.
Today I'm calmer. I still don't feel great, but I feel calmer. I can breathe. I don't think I'll break into spontaneous tears and I was ok with getting out of bed.
Of course, the fact that I got several very large hugs this morning from all members of my family was incredibly helpful.
And those who checked in on me gave me a much needed sense of comfort. Just hearing kind words from others helps calm me down - helps me to get back in touch with the logical part of my mind.
In other news, I have my regular Dr. appt today to check my meds. I think we can safely say that while I haven't gotten worse, I haven't improved lately. My mind is at war with itself, and I hope we can start to figure out how to get my mind back in control of the crazy mind.
And, just because I did, I made an appointment for a nice long massage after.
It will be ok. It will all be ok. I just have to wait.
I was just thinking last night how wonderful a massage might be as I was trying to work the tightness out of my shoulders and get comfortable.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you enjoy!