Not in any bad way, mind you. Just your regular old run of the mill idiot.
I have decided that with every birthday you have....oh, let's say past 25...you should also be sent an instruction manual with what your body now can and cannot do. Or at least a large warning label. I mean, certain things are obvious - the older you get, the more a hangover will kick your butt. The older you get, the more simple chores like moving or gardening will cause your muscles to ache. No big deal.
However, when your body starts crapping out for no reason? Not cool.
Let me just start by saying that my preferred method of sitting is (completely non-PC) indian style - preferably on the floor, but any kind of hard surface will do. I sit on the big ol' teacher's desk in the front of the classroom that way, I got a bigger office chair for school so I can sit that way there during office hours, and I even made sure my rocking chair at home was big and comfy enough so I could do it at home as well. I don't know why I prefer this - when I drive, I even tend to pull my left leg up on the seat close to me - it's just a weird habit thing, I guess. This has become easier and easier as I have lost weight.
Good news? I found out today that I'm a size 16. 5'7" and 214lbs. I still have a ways to go to get under that 200 mark, but this is way down from my high in pregnancy of 260 (and yes, I just publicized my weight. I did do that).
Bad news? I had to go to the doctor with a sprained knee to find this out.
After spending a few hours grading in my rocking chair last night in my preferred position, when I went to get up my knee popped out of joint. I hobbled up to my room, iced it down, and took some tylenol pm. However, today it was still throbbing so I went to get it checked out. They took some x-rays to ensure nothing was totally broken, popped it back into place, and wrapped it up tight.
I sprained my knee getting out of a chair.
*deep sigh*
So, what happens at 40?
At least you didn't fall down in public after sitting in a booth at dinner...
ReplyDeletePoint and match to Dea :)
ReplyDeletemy toe crack when I simply walk
ReplyDeletei also wonder what 40 is gonna be like...
It's heck to get "old," huh? :)
ReplyDeleteJust turned 40...you don't want to know. ;) what happens...
ReplyDeleteOh great...*sigh* :)
ReplyDelete