Monday, January 23, 2012

Smiling and Cooing

So - outside of my house, the wind sounds very cold and strong. There is a great deal of construction going on out on our street and at the remains of the house next door. I'm a bit concerned with how we will get in or out of our driveway - but I'm not thinking about that today.

Today was a glorious day to be able to stay in bed and snuggle with a baby. When it's cold and gloomy AND a Monday, what better antidote is there? We had her bottles in bed. We played in bed. And I was treated to several beautiful gummy smiles and coos of delight. Every time she does either of those, I'm still surprised and amazed and I love each and every one of them.

Things I wish I could capture and keep forever:
1. The sight of my two daughters hugging.
2. A gummy smile from Hope.
3. Katie patting me on the back and telling me not to love her too much.
4. Lying in between my two daughters and husband in bed.
5. Listening to Hope coo in delight as Katie talks or sings to her.
6. Hearing Katie say, "Oh, she's SOOO cute" about Hope every day when she walks in the door.
7. The fuzzy hair on top of Hope's head that stands up everywhere after her bath. My little fuzz head.
8. Sitting in a rocking chair watching my baby sleep in my arms for hours.
9. Snuggling with Katie while she sings to me.
10. Knowing that at this moment, everything is wonderful. Everyone is healthy. We have a good place to live and good jobs. We have friends and family who care about us and who we love dearly. Right now - in this moment - life is so good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad that things are good and that it seems like the apocalypse has ended (or at least stopped for awhile).

    ReplyDelete