Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Wandering Mind...

Still waiting.

No word.

I have absolutely no idea when I will hear anything about this book.

At this point, I think I may have almost reached a point where I've made peace with the fact that comments and ideas are coming and have come to a place where I'm ready for them.  Perhaps I have swung around full circle and made it to a good place.  Maybe enough time has passed that I've gone through the mania and the depression and made it to a nice neutral space where I'll be able to handle the feedback and comments in a calm and rational manner.

Or, maybe I'll still get them and totally freak out and have no idea how to handle them.

In any case, we talked to our tax guy yesterday and tried to figure out the different ways we'll deal with this next year.  At the moment, we'll be calling it "extra income," however, if I continue to do it in the future and royalties become part of the deal, and they're significant in any way, then I think we'll have to start calling me a "small business owner."  This whole thing just becomes weirder and weirder every day.

In other news, there are a couple of shows coming up at the community theater that I've been thinking about doing.  One is clearly a better fit than the other, but there's conditions to both.  One is a lab show, which means it runs for only one weekend and has a rehearsal schedule of just a bit over a month.  Obviously, this would be a better fit because it isn't a huge time commitment.  The problem is that I have a conference in the middle which would require me to be gone for a week, so we'll have to see if the directory is cool with that.  This would be a review show, so that would be nice as well - just a collection of songs - no real plot or show to speak of.

The other would be an actual show - The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.  We'd be looking at about 8 weeks of rehearsal and three weekends for the show.  It's a small cast - I think about a dozen people - which would be nice and might allow for fewer rehearsals, but it's a bigger commitment which could drive me crazy with the book.  I'm not entirely sure if I should even think about this one, but if the first one doesn't work out, I'm seriously considering it.  I know I need to do something that gets me out of the house and that isn't work related, but I'm afraid of overloading myself and being stressed out....

It's just the damn not knowing of this book.  I know I'll have to have a draft done by June 15 and with each passing day that deadline gets closer, yet I have nothing to work on.

Also, don't hate me, but I wish we'd have the winter storm they're predicting for Thursday (although it looks less likely by the day).  Katie desperately wants to go sledding and hasn't been able to.  I don't want any more than one day of snow (or one weekend at most), but this would be a nice time for it.

Breathe in - breathe out.  I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment