Monday, April 2, 2012

One of those days

Ever had one of those days where things are just so normal but so...well...right?

I know - you didn't think it would be "that" kind of post, did you? Fake out!

I had class this morning and had only one student (out of four, so it's not as terrible as it seems) - one more showed up about half an hour into class. We had some great discussion and I saw little lightbulbs going off as they connected the dots for a larger picture and made some great connections they didn't know they could make. These are the days where teaching is fabulous - you feel a little high and woozy because you're so happy they learned something.

Of course, waking up to Katie climbing into bed to snuggle (after keeping her pants dry for TWO WHOLE WEEKS) and looking over to see Hope grinning like a fool, how could it not be a great day? Hubby was a little less happy to be up at 5am, but he'll live.

It's a bright sunny day, even with the MASSIVE quantities of calories I have indulged in over the past week, my clothes still fit, and I have great students and an amazing family. How could I be anything other than happy?

Ask me later - I have three classes turning in papers today. That was just plain ol' fucking stupid.

2 comments:

  1. ah, this sounds like a kodak moment morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Katie!

    Also, the thought of grading papers makes me scared.

    ReplyDelete