Oh yes, it's spring break.
Most people go on vacation or do fun things...I am enjoying a few hours a day minus work and kids.
Yeah - that sounds terrible. All I wanted was the girls, and I still do, but it is so nice to have just a few hours a day to myself. When I was on bedrest and at the end of my pregnancy, I had some of that time, but I was unable to do much. Going out today and taking a long walk, working out, reading, sleeping in - it's like the best vacation ever.
I'll have the girls on Thursday and Friday, so don't think I'm too greedy ;)
We went down to visit my parents this weekend, minus Brian, and it was much better than I anticipated. Sometimes Katie can get a bit too wound up down there with all the attention and fun, but she was such an amazing helper this weekend. I was so proud of her. My little girl is getting so big and she just makes me so happy. On Sunday, we were visiting my brother and sister-in-law and Katie wrote her name in sidewalk chalk on the ground - all by herself! We didn't even know she was doing it. I walked over and nearly fainted I was so proud (and then I texted the picture to everyone and posted it on Facebook - I am an obnoxiously proud parent!). I can't believe that she can do that on her own! The teacher had said, in the fall, that this was the goal for the year, but since she's three we all agreed it was a pretty lofty goal.
Well, WELL DONE MRS. G!!!!
Katie takes such good care of Hope and loves being with her all the time. I couldn't love them more if I tried.
But right now, I'm going to read a book uninterrupted until they are home in an hour ;)
Enjoying private moments makes us a much better team player... Or at least is does me.
ReplyDelete