Other than the fact that I have now, officially, reached the age where I no longer know how old I am?
I consider that a plus :)
Looking back on how far we have come in a year - two years - three years - it's simply astounding.
Two years ago, I could never have imagined my life today.
Five years ago, my life today would have been inconceivable.
Seven years ago, my life today would have been absolutely laughable it was so far out of reach.
I guess it all just goes to show that we have to walk our path at our own pace. We don't know what the turns are. Sometimes we get the opportunity to run and sometimes we are forced to slow down to a ridiculous pace that seems to bring on insanity. But we are continuing on that path and we are moving forward - always moving forward, and maybe that's the important thing to remember.
When I drive home from the worst day of work this year, or I'm so sleep deprived that I can barely stand up straight, I still take time to look at the beautiful changing colors on the trees and thank God that I am allowed to be outside enjoying this beautiful time of year rather than watching it from a chair through the window.
When I complain or feel stressed out or I simply want to cry because I'm upset, I remind myself of the pain of losing those I've loved and those I've loved and never known.
When I ride my bike with Katie and I can barely breathe because it's hard, I remind myself of when I didn't have a child to do this with and I was all alone.
When I wake up in the middle of the night for the millionth time with Hope, I remind myself that a year ago, I was barely hanging on to hope itself.
Nothing minimizes our daily struggles, but our daily struggles are what prepares us for our daily life. Life isn't as precious if we can't see it through the stains of our pain and our troubles...but life is more beautiful when viewed through the stained glass of our past.
What a beautiful year to add to my life. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment