Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First week

Back at school and I am utterly exhausted.  We have some new classes we are rolling out and it keeps me teaching back to back - which is good because I stay charged and revved up if it's a good class, but it also makes me just deflate when I get into the car.

It's tough to be an introverted teacher :)  You put on such a good show and then just collapse because the students took all the energy you had.  Overall, I seem to have a pretty interesting bunch of kids (yes, they are not kids, but I always call them that - the adults often think it's funny) who are not shy about sharing their ideas (which, for day three is AWESOME!).

It's amazing how quickly the evenings go.  Once the girls are home (about five) it's like a non-stop whirlwind until bedtime.  We don't quite have a schedule yet, but I'm sure we'll get there.  Hope is loving daycare and thinks it's awesome to be the center of Debbie's world all day long.  She is hopelessly (no pun intended) spoiled...but happy.

Katie will be starting pre-K on Monday (the preschool starts a week later than the school and ends a week earlier).  We had the choice between pre-K and pre-4 and opted for pre-K both because she's a smart little peanut and because it meets five days a week for half a day (as opposed to three half days with pre-4).  Since Kindergarten will be full days five days a week, we thought this would be a better transition for her.  She's so ready to go - it's so funny.  She got to meet her teacher and check out her room and approved it all.  I know she's going to learn and grow so much this year; she never stops amazing me.

Otherwise, you can tell the other colleges and universities in town are back in session.  Traffic sucks, no one knows where they are going or what to do on a one-way street, and you have to wait for everything - lines at the stores, excessive waits for food...blech.  I get so used to our cute little town in the summer...and then it becomes this huge monster in the fall.

Sixteen weeks until they all go home for winter break :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw. My little guy starts kindergarten this year. :( He's very excited, but I'm in mourning. LOL.

    ReplyDelete